The dates for 2022 – March 8th, April 26th, June 7th 18:30 in person and by zoom. Relevant zoom details are below when available.
The Local Action Team (LAT) is a voluntary community group which was formed in late 2008 after heart-felt public expressions of concern about the state of London Road, Brighton. Since then London Road has “been on the up” and has changed hugely for the better.
The LAT has been a major partner in these improvements and has had some sort of involvement with virtually all the successful contributory projects.
The LAT brings together traders and residents, ward Councillors, the neighbourhood policing team, council officers, and representatives of local residents’ and traders’ groups. The aim is to work for agreed goals in partnership, and provide a forum for viewpoints to be aired and debated.
- How can I raise an issue? Just come along, meetings are open to anyone living or working in the area. You can email in if you like.
- Where in Brighton? The London Road LAT is in the St Peters and North Laine ward, and covers the northern end of the ward. The boundaries are; Ditchling Rise and railway to the north, Ditchling Road and the Level to the east , St Peters Church to the south and the New England Quarter to the west. (see map).
- Where do you meet? Meetings are held at the Calvary Church, Viaduct Road (next to the firestation at Preston Circus) every six weeks (not August) at 6.30pm. Currently the meetings are hybrid – part in person, part by zoom.
- Who chairs? The LAT is currently chaired by local resident Rev. Philip Wells. He can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minutes of previous meetings are available from the menu above, agenda for the upcoming meeting is to be found below (usually a few days before the meeting).
From last time:
Brighton Station Public Art – review – Poppy Heron (Poppy.Heron@brighton-hove.gov.uk)