The dates for Autumn 2021 – September 14th (Ptolemy Mann – showcase) 15th – poetry workshop, 28th How Section 106 works , October, November t.b.a – It is hoped (virus permitting) to hold hybrid meetings “in person” and using the Council’s zoom account. Relevant zoom details are below.
The Local Action Team (LAT) is a voluntary community group which was formed in late 2008 after heart-felt public expressions of concern about the state of London Road, Brighton. Since then London Road has “been on the up” and has changed hugely for the better.
The LAT has been a major partner in these improvements and has had some sort of involvement with virtually all the successful contributory projects.
The LAT brings together traders and residents, ward Councillors, the neighbourhood policing team, council officers, and representatives of local residents’ and traders’ groups. The aim is to work for agreed goals in partnership, and provide a forum for viewpoints to be aired and debated.
- How can I raise an issue? Just come along, meetings are open to anyone living or working in the area. You can email in if you like.
- Where in Brighton? The London Road LAT is in the St Peters and North Laine ward, and covers the northern end of the ward. The boundaries are; Ditchling Rise to the north, Ditchling Road and the Level to the east , St Peters Church to the south and the New England Quarter to the west. (see map).
- Where do you meet? Meetings are held at the Calvary Church, Viaduct Road (next to the firestation at Preston Circus) on – usually, in 2020 – the second Tuesday of each month (not August) at 6.30pm. In 2021 meetings have been held via zoom with the kind assistance of BHCC who have given us access to their community zoom account.
- Who chairs? The LAT is currently chaired by local resident Rev. Philip Wells. He can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minutes of previous meetings are available from the menu above, agenda for the upcoming meeting is to be found below (usually a few days before the meeting).