Dear LAT people,
Our next LAT meeting is Tuesday September 12th 18:15 for 18:30 at Calvary Church hall, Viaduct Road, Brighton. As previously advertised.
NOTE: the Town Team (Portas Scheme) has organised a meeting on the same date to be held at Cafe Plenty to promote a Business Improvement District (BID) – this is an all-day event with an evening presentation to follow. It’s a pity that the dates clash and the organisers send their apologies for this. But it is excellent to see the businesses gaining some momentum in working together.
I have to present my apologies for the LAT meeting as I will be away on holiday 11-15th September. The meeting will be in the capable hands of Vice Chair Lucy Dunleavy.
Please note we will be needing volunteers for distributing the Newsletter – even if you can’t attend PLEASE OFFER HELP IF YOU CAN e.g. 20 people doing 100 addresses each would cover it!
1. Welcome, introductions and apologies
2. Minutes of last meeting (posted) and date of next meeting – October 10th
3. Policing and Licensing – a policing update has been requested.
4. Update on Oxford Street – following on from last meeting work has been begun on addressing the multiple issues around drugs, prostitution and other gross behaviour in and around Oxford Street car park and the alley next to Bat and Ball.
5. Update on Viaduct Road communal bins – an update has been requested.
6. Newsletter – a draft newsletter will be presented and we need a cunning plan for production and distribution.
7. Other updates
– help was requested regarding planning application in Winchester Street and a response was given.
8. Any other business
The previous minutes are on the website .
For your diary: 12th September 2017, 10th October, 14 November, 12th December, and thereafter on second Tuesday of the month unless anounced otherwise.
Hope to see you soon –
All good wishes,