Our next meeting is Feb 14th 2017 18:15 for 18:30 at Calvary Church hall, Viaduct Road, Brighton.
We have a special guest speaker Cllr Tracey Hill. She has been doing excellent work by setting up a series of meetings co-ordinating community and Council responses to the issue of HMO’s (= houses in multiple occupation).
HMOs are both a blessing – to people needing affordable housing, and a problem – because they have a reputation for not promoting good neighbourliness and good standards of upkeep and householding. E.g Viaduct Road.
This also links up with issues of #studentification.
It will be a very interesting meeting #highlyrecommended
Draft Agenda 14th Feb 2017
- Welcome, apologies, introduction
- future dates and meetings
- Community Safety issues, policing and licensing
- – update on Level has been requested from Insp. McCarthy and Community Safety Team
- drug dealing in local residential streets – update requested
- Update from LAT chairs meeting (January)- N.B. Police website has removed all reference to LATs, a new, unfinished draft “service arrangement” sheet has been circulated to LAT chairs
- Special Guest Speaker – Cllr Tracey Hill
- Plans for publicity and funding – to note
- News and Updates
- parking in zone J
- Viaduct Road progress
- Business Improvement District progress
- Level Communities Forum matters (if any)
- Any other business – please notify before the beginning of the meeting.
Happy Valentines day!