(Draft: further details may be added before the meeting takes place – please check back)
1. Welcome, apologies and Introductions
We look forward to welcoming Wendy Taylor – deputy director. Cranstoun are the lead agency in the Pavilions Partnership who are now delivering the Drug and Alcohol service across Brighton and Hove.
1b. minutes of last meeting, future dates, including AGM and “open evening” aka “soiree”
– dates of next meetings. See item (2)
2. Policing and Licensing
a. The police have responded to our concerns with the offers of the possibility of more flexible arrangements to keep up good contact with our LAT. This may mean us being flexible on dates in the future (i.e. not always first Tuesday)
A LAT chairs meeting has been called for 23rd July 14.00-16.00 to discuss this and other matters.
b. Current situation on London Road – are the problems with street drinking, homelessness increasing?
c. former Barclays Bank – any update?
3. Viaduct Road
As requested, a letter was sent to Cllr Gill Mitchell summarising the aims and progress in Viaduct Road.
Council Officer Emma Sheridan will be attending, along with the Consultants’ team. Apparently 3 options are being considered for imminent future implementation, so our views are sought.
4. Planning Issues
– A presentation by Mike Everett of the proposals by “Study Group” see their newsletter. This concerns the waste groun near Jury’s Inn, which would be built up as facilities for pupils of Bellarby’s college.
– A meeting has been set up to review the “New England Quarter” Planning strategy and its effects – July 14th 18.00 on. The LAT will be represented.
5. Updates and matters arising
a. Ann Street/Oxford Street junction – road works
– these are the result of the consultation exercise that was carried out last year. (Some references are on this website).
b. The “stone circle project” – 40 stones are being laid across the area as an arts project (see previous meeting)
c. VisitLondonRoad – Town Team (updates – if any)
d. London Road Business Association (updates – if any)
e. Ditchling Rise Residents Association – AGM on Friday 3/7/15
f. Francis Street – many problems and irritations continue, and are being referred via an email group.
g. the Level – a very well attended Open Day was held 13th June 2015. Hanover residents were apparently adversely affected by the lack of facilities at the Level.
h. any other business?