The agenda is as below subject to minor changes and additional info. If you are printing off a copy for the meeting, you might like to wait until Tuesday 9th Dec to do so!
Please note that there is nothing planned for Dec 12th – the Abacus visit was November 12th
1. Welcome, apologies and introductions
2. Minutes of last meeting – 4th November 2014
2b. dates of next meetings
January 13th 2015, February 3rd – with Katey Bourne (Police and Crime Commissioner)
NOTE: P.W. will be serving in Sri Lanka during most of February 2015
3. Policing and Licensing
– Inspector Brian McCarthy is booked and confirmed to come tonight. Please come prepared with any questions you may have, if an answer might require research/homework we would be pleased to pass the question on to the Inspector so that he can come prepared.
– review of policing priorities
(Note Beatnik Warehouse BH2014/03244 is currently shown as “under consideration”)
At the time of writing there is no application in the public domain from Wetherspoons, for London Road.
4. Viaduct Road
- Update from Charles Dudley (UOS)
- We have an update from Matthew Gest – Planning Investigations and Enforcement Team Manager
- We hope to have an update from City Clean via Damien Marmura
- Letting Agents – if anything to report
5. Updates and and news
a. Valley Gardens – a meeting was held with London Road Traders and Open Market Traders. The latest iteration of the plans says that the plan would still be traffic neutral if the car lanes were largely confined to one/north and one/south – some of the traders expressed alarm and criticism expressing the view that this would clog up the north/south flow and have severe negative effect on the economy of Brighton.
b. London Road improvements (via Jim Mayor)
c. Ditchling Rise residents association – apologies to them, our revised date has clashed with their meeting
d. London Road Traders – to note a traders/community magazine has been printed by Print Shop, Baker Street to 5000 homes and businesses
e. Portas Town Team developments – including TCLO funding
f. Environmental Improvements – Stanley Road
g. the Level
h. any other matters
6. Any other business – please notify the chair before the beginning of the meeting!