The [draft] agenda will include:
1. Welcome, apologies and introductions
apologies from Cllrs – at Town Hall meeting, PCSOs on rest day. We hope to welcome the manager of the Abacus site.
2. Minutes of last meeting – 2 September 2014
3. Policing and Licensing
– review of policing priorities
– Providence Place Hotel: James Watts will update us. The name of the proposed Hotel/Conference Centre is “Beatnik Warehouse”. He has photo-montage to show, and will answer questions. He is keen to have the endorsement of the LAT for the Planning Application if we are so minded.
– what would we like to do *if* there is a Licensing Application for Wetherspoons in groundfloor of Abacus house?
– Rosehill Tavern: change of use BH2014/03012 has been applied for – pub -> housing
3. Viaduct Road improvements – with invitations to letting agents, residents, City Clean, Council enforcement Officers, etc.
An apology for non attendance has been received from the Head of Operations at City Clean, Mike Moon.We very much hope to make more progress on this item.
4. Updates and news
a. London Road improvement. More to report from Jim Mayor
b. Greenway – updates from last time
c. London Road Traders updates (if any)
d. Ditchling Rise Area Residents Association
e. feedback from community safety forum
f. Portas Scheme – has now formally come to an end. There are plans to form a Community Interest Company to continue the work of the Town Centre Liaison Officers + website),
g. the Level Forum – if anything
h. former Co-op – Abacus House – update if not already covered
j. Providence Place Gardens – brand new blockwork has been laid on roadway beside Costa Coffee
k. PCC – has been approached
5. Any other business (please notify Chair before the start of the meeting)