The proposed agenda is as follows:
London Road Area Local Action Team Agenda
Tuesday 4thMarch / 18:15 for 18:30 at Calvary Church, Viaduct Road
1. Welcome, apologies and introductions –
– apologies: Mr W. Ibrahim, Cllr Pete West
2. Minutes from previous meeting (Feb 4th 2014 – please see website)
3. Responsibilities within the LAT: for consideration – Mr John Holden (John’s camping) has kindly agreed to act as temporary Vice-chair until the next AGM. It has been suggested that we should seek person(s) to take/share the responsibility of “secretary” with a specific responsibility for taking minutes and associated activities (e.g. mailing out the agendas).
In the meantime we are grateful to Charlotte Overton-Hart for her work in the past, and to Katharine Crompton for offering to take minutes until June.
4. Policing matters and Licensing
a. Review of our three possible policing priorities for this month. Last month’s were:
Graffiti and fly-tipping (plus possible drug dealing) in Stanley Road
Shop-lifting in London Road
Prevention of intimidating behaviour on London Road
b. Licensing – to note: the negotiated settlement for B&W stores has been accepted by all parties and agreed by the magistrates without a full court hearing.
5. Viaduct Road – pavement cycling, wheely bins, general appearance: New England Road (pavement cycling) – held over for agenda item
6. N.B. next Stanley Road mini-meeting Thursday 6thMarch 2014 11:15 venue t.b.c. – student houses were also raised as an issue. Is this a widespread concern?
7. Portas Pilot project – n.b. Website up and running http://visitlondonroad.co.uk/ (Joe Nichols), traders update is at http://issuu.com/londonroadbrighton/docs/lrt_issue_3
8. Elder Place project – update
9. Matters arising, ongoing and updates (if any):
a) Co-op redevelopment
b) pedestrian crossing timings London Road: – no further feedback
c) Oxford Street – the portable traffic island is now in place and looks much safer
d) Level – final restoration project newsletter is at www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/thelevel
e) Richardson’s Yard
f) London Road Traders Association
g) London Road public realm improvement project (indicative figure £600K)
h) Open Market -opening date?
I) City College is setting up a neighbourhood liaison group including the LAT (March 6th 17.00)
10. AOB. Any other items, please notify Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org before the meeting.
Dates of next meeting t.b.c: April 1st 2014.
Police Statistics for November 2013:
London Road/York Place
Anti-Social Behaviour (drinkers, street noise) 21
Criminal damage 1
Medical (drugs/drinking) 6
Road Traffic Collision 8
Theft – just shoplifting 12
Violence (assault, fighting, robbery, domestics) 11
Police Activity (warrants/arrests etc) 9
Police Statistics for December 2013:
London Road/York Place
Anti-Social Behaviour (drinkers, street noise) 24
Criminal damage 8
Medical (drugs/drinking) 1
Road Traffic Collision 5
Theft – just shoplifting 26
Violence (assault, fighting, robbery, domestics) 21
Police Activity (warrants/arrests etc) 10