Our next meeting will be on Tues December 3rd – 6.30pm at the Calvary Church (arrive early for baked goods!). Minutes of the last meeting can be viewed HERE
London Road Area Local Action Team Agenda
Tuesday 3 December / 18:15 for 18:30 at Calvary Church, Viaduct Road
1. Welcome, apologies and introductions – we hope to welcome Katie Heater from the ONCA gallery.
2. Minutes from previous meeting
3. Policing matters and Licensing
a. Review of our three possible policing priorities for this month. Last month’s were:
- Street drinking/anti-social behaviour/drug use in York Place
- Prevention of intimidating behaviour on London Road and interaction with children
b. Licensing and “Sensible on Strength” – update including former Blockbusters
c. The Level – current and future community safety issues
4. Portas Pilot – update from Joe Nichols
5. “The Home Heat Helpline” – item from Charlotte – this is an excellent helpline which can let people know if they are entitled to discounts off their winter fuel bill. The helpline is also able to do a benefits entitlement check over the phone.
The helpline number is 0800 336699.
6. Matters arising, ongoing and updates.
a) Co-op redevelopment
b) Oxford Street – a traffic regulation order has been lodged which takes account of the points made in the LAT meetings.
c) Elder Place
d) London Road Traders Association
e) Open Market
f) St Peter’s and North Laine Community First Grant
7. AOB. Any other items, please notify Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org before the meeting.
Dates of next meeting t.b.c: Feb 4th 2014.