The next meeting of the London Road Local Action team will be on Tuesday September 3rd – 6.30 at the Calvary Church. Minutes from the last (July) meeting area available HERE. In August a ‘mini-LAT’ took place just looking at issues on Oxford Street and the notes from this meeting are available HERE
London Road Area Local Action Team Agenda
Tuesday 3 September / 18:15 for 18:30 at Calvary Church, Viaduct Road
1. Welcome, apologies & introductions
Joe Nichols – Portas Project Manager
2. Minutes of previous meeting
3. Policing matters
Police Statistics for July 2013:
London Road/York Place
- Anti-Social Behaviour (drinkers, street noise) 42
- Burglary 2
- Criminal damage 2
- Medical (drugs/drinking) 7
- Road Traffic Collision 7
- Suspicious 15
- Theft (of which 10 were shopliftings) 28
- Violence (assault, fighting, robbery, domestics) 11
- Police Activity (warrants/arrests etc) 9
Review of our three possible policing priorities for this month. Last month’s were:
- Street drinking/anti-social behaviour/drug use in York Place
- Prevention of intimidating behaviour on London Road and interaction with children
4. Portas Pilot – update from Joe – Please come along with ideas to contribute to the branding of London Road.
5. Matters arising, ongoing and updates.
a) Licensing and B&W Stores, York Place
b) Co-op redevelopment
c) The Level
d) Elder Place
e) Oxford Street – brief report of meeting 20/08/13
f) Open Market – date of opening, question of opening hours for traders
6. City College planning application – at time of writing City College representation uncertain
7. AOB. Any other items, please notify Chair at email@example.com before the meeting.
Dates of next meetings: 1 October, possibly 29 October.