London Road Area Local Action Team Agenda
Tuesday 1 October / 18:15 for 18:30 at Calvary Church, Viaduct Road
To view minutes of the last meeting, click HERE
1. Welcome, apologies & introductions – we hope to welcome licence holders from off-licence premises, and Joe from the Gang of Six collective.
2. Minutes of previous meeting
3. Policing matters
Police Statistics for August 2013:
Anti-Social Behaviour (drinkers, street noise) 43
Burglary 10 (6 are businesses)
Criminal damage 4
Medical (drugs/drinking) 7
Road Traffic Collision 6
Theft (of which 20 were shopliftings) 48
Violence (assault, fighting, robbery, domestics) 19
Police Activity (warrants/arrests etc) 8
Review of our three possible policing priorities for this month. Last month’s were:
Street drinking/anti-social behaviour/drug use in York Place
Prevention of intimidating behaviour on London Road and interaction with children
4. Portas Pilot – update from Joe Nichols
5. Initiative to remove high strength alcohol – a number of partners have been involved in this initiative. Update. N.B. the LAT has received information from the police licensing unit that B&W Stores have lodged an appeal against licence revocation.
6. City College planning application – presentation and Q & A
7. Elder Place – update on plan to deal with graffiti
8. Matters arising, ongoing and updates.
a) Co-op redevelopment
b) London Road Traders Association
c) The Level
d) Oxford Street
e) Open Market
7. AOB. Any other items, please notify Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org before the meeting.
Dates of next meetings: 29 October (no meeting in November) 3 December