An update from Andy Silsby re the current round of Communities First funding.
Communities First Grants Available for Projects in the following Wards:
· East Brighton
· Queens Park
· St.Peter’s and North Laine
£12,750 is available in both East Brighton and Queens Park and £8489 in St.Peter’s and North Laines – for grants of between £250 and £2,500 with projects having to provide equal amounts of match funding – in cash or kind. Projects need to meet one (or more) of the priorities set for each Ward. These are:
1. Promote all community to feel safe within their homes and the wider neighbourhood
2. Support employment, employment skills, training, and education activities especially for the young unemployed.
3. Provide activities for children and young people throughout the ward.
4. Provide activities and services impacting on the health and wellbeing of the community
1. Activities that support employment skills, training and education for unemployed people in the area.
2. Activities supporting work with young people or older people in the area, including inter-generational work.
3. Activities that celebrate the diversity of the area and bring people from diverse backgrounds together.
4. Activities enabling groups to be more representative; supporting residents to work to improve their community.
St.Peter’s and North Laine
1. Support local projects that improve the quality of life for local people
2. Make improvements to the environment and public safety
3. Promote good communications and information sharing across the ward.
4. Promote inclusiveness of communities of interest and those experiencing deprivation.
Applications from all third sector organisations are welcomed and unconstituted groups without bank accounts can apply if they are supported by a constituted organisation from the voluntary and community sector (SES can provide this service)
Cut off date is 12th March for East Brighton and 23rd March for the other two Wards.
Details from email@example.com
Community Development Consultant
Serendipity Enterprising Solutions CIC